Tuesday 30 April 2013

Lethal Lee wants top three finish


On the back of a highly praised performance from Elliot Lee, he has admitted that he loves scoring goals for the West Ham U21s and was delighted to net again after being ill last week.

Lee scored in the Development Squad’s 2-1 win over Liverpool on Friday night and it was his 13th goal of the season, described by manager Nick Haycock as “fantastic”.

Speaking to West Ham TV, Lee said: "as a striker and as a goalscorer, you've got to be confident and composed in those positions. To be honest, I've done this since I was Under-8 at this club, so I love being in those positions and I love scoring goals.

"It's going, really well. I've been ill for a week and off training, but I came back last week and got a goal, [even though] I didn't play my best. But this week I thought I played really well, I got my goal as well and it was a great win for the team.

"I'm just getting my sharpness back and on Friday it looked like I'd got it back. I took on my man and slid it in the corner, so I'm really happy with my goal."

The side have now won two in a row, and Lee hopes that the momentum can carry on to see the side finish in the top three of the league and gain a Play-Off place.

He said: "We're playing really well at the minute, playing some great stuff, so hopefully we can go to Southampton, get the three points, then again at West Brom and end up in that top three."

Lee also hinted that some of the players have been told they may get a run out in the first-team in the last couple of games. He has already made his first-team debut in January, at Old Trafford of all places, but the chance of another match at the highest level is not putting anyone off concentrating on the Development Squad job in hand.

By Lucy Woolford, Youth and Development Squad reporter

@lucy_whufc

No comments:

Post a Comment