Thursday 18 April 2013

Goal hero Vaz Te just happy to be involved

West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te has told the Newham Recorder of his delight at scoring the opening goal for the Hammers in last night's pulsating 2-2 draw with Manchester United at the Boleyn Ground, but says that he is just happy to be playing football again after spending three months on the sidelines injured.

"It was terrific to score but for me, the main thing this season has been the team, I just want to be involved," the 26 year old said today.

"Obviously I am not playing in my normal position which is forward or left winger, so I have had to adapt to the right hand side."



Vaz Te's emphatic header last night was only his second goal of the season and he says there is more to come from him.

"I think I started the season well and I am feeling much more confident in that position on the left wing so so hopefully I can kick on now."

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment