Tuesday 19 March 2013

Ruddy hell, Pelly! Young winger pleased to be back in Dev Squad action

Promising West Ham youngster Pelly Ruddock returned to Under-21 action on Friday after being forced to miss the last two fixtures due to injury.
 
He played a role in the Hammers’ goal in a 1-1 draw with Arsenal, with his tricky feet and subsequent cross providing the own goal by the Gunners’ Nico Yennaris, and was quickly congratulated by his teammates.


Ruddock has now spoken to West Ham TV about his happy return: "I've been trying the step over in training so I thought I'd try it in a match...I pulled it off and fortunately a goal came from that. It was good in front of the fans at the Boleyn Ground.


"The ball came over and I was there at the back post. I just did a little skill and crossed the ball in. I was expecting someone to get across the defender and then it went in off the defender, so I'm claiming that.

"I've not had so many assists but I need to get among them and help the team score more goals. Hopefully there will be more goals between now and the end of the season."

Ruddock did admit that he found the match difficult fitness wise, as he had only trained the day before the game. He suffered some cramp, but he knows that his fitness will soon return.

He added: "I'm feeling good and fit, but just need to work on my stamina a little bit and then hopefully press on.”

With a name like Pelly Ruddock, he’s got a lot to live up to. The early signs are good and from what we’ve seen and heard in previous matches, the Development Squad will be pleased to have him back.

By Lucy Woolford

@lucy_whufc

No comments:

Post a Comment