Thursday 14 March 2013

No way back for Diarra


Estranged West Ham midfielder Alou Diarra has admitted that he thinks it is impossible for him to return to Upton Park and has almost repeated his previous statement.

He is currently on loan at French club Rennes after speaking out against West Ham and Sam Allardyce to the French press and no dust seems to have settled.

Speaking again to French sports daily L’Equipe, Diarra said:  "It would be impossible under the same conditions. I wanted to prove that I could play in the Premier League but they never wanted to give me the opportunity.”

"I felt I was at a dead end in the first few weeks because I was left to myself. I was not wanted by the coach but by the agent appointed to West Ham.”

"It is incomprehensible to buy a player, give him a three-year contract and then ignore him."

The probability of an apology from either side seems unlikely. Diarra may blame West Ham for not wanting him back but the club will also be upset with his negative words.

By Lucy Woolford

@lucy_whufc

No comments:

Post a Comment