Wednesday 13 March 2013

Hall or nothing: young striker on recovery road from injury and wants to claim Hammers first team slot

Rob Hall is back at Chadwell Heath after returning from his loan spell at Championship outfit Birmingham City and undergoing keyhole surgery on a hernia injury- and has told whufc.com that as soon as he's fully recovered from his operation, he wants to force his way into the West Ham first team reckoning.

"I was disappointed to pick up the injury and hopefully that can be sorted out as soon as possible, as I want to be back on the pitch. I'm a bit sore and aching but am doing some light exercise and the medical team have told me that I should be back fit in a few weeks or so."

The England U19 international had a highly productive loan spell at St Andrews, playing 13 times and providing 7 assists, an impressive record. Hall says he greatly benefitted from the experience and now wants to be playing regularly for the Hammers first team, having made his debut in the FA Cup at Sheffield Wednesday last season.

"I'm at an age at the moment where I don't think I can lose- I only learn more from playing at the highest level and I enjoyed playing with and learning from (ex West Ham midfielder) Hayden Mullins at Birmingham. I'm only 19 so I'm not going to lose any of my pace. It's my dream to play for West Ham but my first focus is getting back from this injury."

It's great to hear such confidence from one of our young players; Rob Hall is been one of our brightest prospects for years, since playing for the U18 side aged 16, and the sooner he gets back from this injury the better. We could do with someone to liven up the team and he could be that man.

By Alex Shilling, News Editor


@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment