Tuesday 26 March 2013

Moncs in it for the long haul: young midfielder pens new deal

George Moncur has signed a new deal at the Boleyn Ground as the club have tied him down in East London till 2015, with an option of a third year in two years time. Now, the Development Squad midfielder wants to make his mark on the first team.

"I'm over the moon to have signed my new contract," Moncur told whufc.com today. "To sign for another two years is great for me and my development- the club have put faith in me and I want to repay them by putting in good performances in out on the pitch."

The 19 year old made his first team debut in the 2-0 Capital One Cup win over Crewe Alexandra in August, and now he wants more.

"Obviously my old man (John Moncur, 205 games in a nine year spell in the claret and blue from 1994 to 2003) played here for quite a while, so it would be nice to follow in his footsteps and make that progression to the first team- if I keep on doing what I'm doing then hopefully a first team chance will come."

All the best George!

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment