Thursday 14 March 2013

Cole all set to make Chelsea feel blue

Carlton Cole hopes that his return to Stamford Bridge will be a happy one and is hoing to do the double over the Blues this season.

Cole was a Chelsea player for five years before moving to Upton Park in 2006, but he still has happy memories of his time in a blue shirt.

He told West Ham TV: "I always enjoy going back to Chelsea...I see old friends - there's a lot of backroom staff still there and the captain's the same. I've got good friends there like Ashley Cole.

"I've got loads of connections and I love playing against them. When you play against your old teams you want to impress. If I get the opportunity I'll be on it."

Cole scored the first West Ham goal against Chelsea at Upton Park in the 3-1 win in December, and he reflected on that day: "When we played them at home it was a fantastic win, a fantastic day. The boys all pulled in the same direction and the second half was unreal.”

Cole’s optimism ahead of the big clash on Sunday is good to see. He has yet to be involved in a win at Stamford Bridge, so is more determined than ever to make an impression.


By Lucy Woolford

@lucy_whufc

No comments:

Post a Comment