Wednesday 6 March 2013

Matt set to be back: Irons winger Taylor to return to training next week

West Ham winger Matty Taylor has told whufc.com that he will return to full training next week after suffering a spot of concussion during the 1-0 win over Stoke City on Saturday.

The 31 year old was knocked out following a brave attempt to block an overhead kick by Potters striker Peter Crouch which resulted in the England man's right boot connecting with Taylor's jaw; but the ex Bolton winger has told the club website that it's nothing serious and that he'll soon return to action.

"I'm feeling fine just now; my head's fine and I'm feeling a lot better. It's the first time I've been knocked out, and I don't remember heading the ball or walking off the pitch, which is a bit scary, but I'm not too bad."

Taylor says that there is no lasting damage, and that although he feels lucky to have not suffered any serious injury, he'll soon be back to work on the training ground.

"Seeing the incident again, I was very fortunate that I didn't have any lasting damage to my head, but now I just have to follow the protocol to get back to training- obviously with no game this weekend, I can ake my time and get back to training next week, all things being well."

The former England U21 international tweeted on Sunday, saying "Massive 3 points yesterday Sore head this morning I was knocked out briefly & had mild concussion but all ok now #noideawhereiwas Boom" and is clearly not suffering any further damage.

Taylor went on to tell whufc.com that "Stoke was a fantastic result form us and now we have the trip to Chelsea to look forward to, and I hope we can do the double over them as that would be nice."

Matty seems in good form- let's hope he's back soon; he isn't the most talented winger at this club but always puts his head on the line (literally, last Saturday) and gives his all. Get well soon mate!

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment