Tuesday 5 March 2013

He's got his Vaz-jazzle back: West Ham winger eager to impress after spell on sidelines

Ricardo Vaz Te has today told whufc.com that he wants his place in the Hammers first team back. The Portuguese forward set up Jack Collison's winning goal at Stoke City on Saturday and has assured the boleyn Ground faithful that they can expect more impressive displays from him after a slow start to the Premier League season.

"I was prepared for the game all week and my stats are still looking good but I'm looking to improve on them. People might not know this, but I'm still the highest goalscorer (with 13 goals in all competitions) since I joined the club."

On the win at Stoke, the 26 year old stated that "the most important thing was getting the win," but that he wasn't entirely happy. "I'm disappointed as well because we were winning 1-0 and in the second half I could have finished the game."

Vaz Te says he feels for Joe Cole, who he replaced after 11 minutes of Saturday's game after the former Liverpool man limped off with a hamstring injury. "Joe's been playing brilliantly so I feel very sorry for him and I hope it's nothing serious."

However, the one-time Portugal U21 international stated his intentions to regain his first team place which has been occupied by Matt Jarvis since Vaz Te suffered a dislocated shoulder in the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal in October. "I am trying to get back to my best and back into the feel of things; to get my place back and get the trust of the manager again."

All this is great to hear, but Vaz Te knows the reality- that he has not met expectations this season and has not performed like we all know he can, having fired us into the Premier League in May's play off final win over Blackpool. He says he wants to improve and we all hope he's as good as his word. Good performance on Saturday, now let's see some more.

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment