Wednesday 27 March 2013

No surrender from Cole: striker will continue fight for Hammers future

In the second Carlton Cole-related story of this morning, the England striker is not panicking over his future at the Boleyn Ground despite his contract being up in the summer and no new deal on the table- and will continue to fight his way into manager Sam Allardyce's thoughts.

The ex Chelsea man has not started a first team game since the 5-1 defeat by Arsenal in January but is remaining calm and will continue to push for a regular first team place.

"I've been here 7 years and I've seen strikers come and go," the 29 year old told the Mail.

"You've got to realise it's not a joke. If another striker comes in, I'll push him with open arms but will push him all the way. You've got to put yourself in the manager's thoughts, otherwise you're just wasting your time."

Cole has been playing second fiddle to on-loan Liverpool striker Andy Carroll for most of the season and was linked with a move to Turkey in January, but says the move never interested him.

"I wasn't ready to move in January. Other clubs spoke to the agents but I wasn't interested, I was concentrating on West Ham. My contract's up in the summer and it's the first time I've been in this position but it's no slight or my or the club's behalf why it's like that."

Carlton Cole, you are a talented, determined gentleman of a footballer and the game needs more players like you. Sign him up, Sullivan/Gold!

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling



No comments:

Post a Comment