Wednesday 23 January 2013

New deal for Demel

West Ham defender Guy Demel has put pen to paper to sign a new deal at the club.

His two year contract extension will last until 2015 and should see him keep his regular team spot.

Quoted on the club website, the Ivorian right back said: "It's really good for me and I'm really happy to have a new deal with West Ham...I've had a good year this season, and even last year was good, despite the fact that I was injured for so long and struggled a bit. I'm happy to be at West Ham and in the team. The lads are really good with me as are the people working for the club. I hope I will stay that long to play in the new stadium as well."

Demel signed for the Hammers in 2011 and came with an impressive reputation. Despite struggling with injuries and a loss of form in his first 18 months at the club, he has turned it round this season, and continues to impress.

It’s always nice to hear someone speak so highly of the club they play for and us Irons can look forward to even more impressive displays from Guy Demel.

By Lucy Woolford

No comments:

Post a Comment