Tuesday 29 January 2013

Pogatetz happy and raring to go

New West Ham signing Emanuel Pogatetz has spoken to whufc.com about his move to East London and he is ready and raring to play.

The Austrian, who signed last night, revealed his happiness to be back in the Premier League and England, and that he will revel in playing in front of such passionate supporters as the Upton Park faithful.

When asked about his fitness, Pogatetz replied:"I feel I am ready to go. I am looking to play games and train with the lads. I think I am OK but it is up to the gaffer when he wants to play me.”

Pogatetz, 31, signed a loan deal for the Hammers till the end of the season for a reported loan fee of £500,000, and he hopes he can fulfil his desire to play the centre back role, but luckily for West Ham, given recent injuries to George McCartney and Dan Potts, he is also able to play at left back.

Let’s hope that he remains fit and well and manages to adapt back into the pace of the Premier League.

By Lucy Woolford

No comments:

Post a Comment