Thursday 9 May 2013

Winston wins! Defender crowned Hammer of the Year

West Ham centre half Winston Reid is the 2012/2013 Hammer of the Year after winning a convincing 45% of the vote from Hammers fans.

The New Zealand captain was presented with the award last night at the club's annual Player Awards dinner at Grosvenor House in London.



"It is quite an accolade to be named Hammer of the Year," Reid told whufc.com. "I have basically been here at the club nearly three years and I feel at home, so it's nice to feel appreciated."

"I think every single player believes in themselves and believes they can do well. When you work hard, you get the things you deserve- I'm not saying that in a selfish way because there are a lot of other players who have done well this season. I'm really pleased with the season I have had and I'm looking forward to my holiday and then next season!"

Goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen, who also won the award for Save Of The Season for his save to deny Spurs' Gareth Bale in February, came second while Signing Of The Season winner Mohammed Diame came third.

Well done Winston. Personally, we at Blowing Bubbles think we should all take a moment to remember this wonderful strike last season.

Who put the ball in the pikeys' net...

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling


No comments:

Post a Comment