Thursday 9 May 2013

Giant keeper after big move: Pantilimon set for City exit as Irons linked

Manchester City goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon has today told the Sun that he wants to leave the Etihad Stadium- and the word is that the Boleyn Ground could be his next destination.

Blowing Bubbles exclusively reported to you in March that West Ham boss Sam Allardyce was keen on the 6ft 8 Romania international and now the 26 year looks set for a move away from Manchester.



"I am happy here at City but it is normal that I want to play- I am only young," Pantilimon said today.

"Everyone knows that after the season is finished, I will leave but [that] discussion will only come after the season is finished."

"It is important for my country as well as my career, because every time I speak to my national team manager [Victor Piturca] he says 'please try to play more'. My agent will discuss it with the manager and we will see what happens."

Pantilimon is now the fourth goalkeeper to be linked with the Hammers in recent days, after reports yesterday and on Tuesday crediting Allardyce with an interest in Aston Villa's Brad GuzanQueens Park Rangers' Julio Cesar and Blackburn's Jake Kean.

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment