Monday 13 May 2013

Irons target Neville undecided on future

Everton captain Phil Neville has told Sky Sports that he is not yet sure where his future lies after May 19. The 36 year old confirmed last month that he would be leaving Goodison Park at the end of the season and was linked with a move to West Ham, in either a playing or a coaching capacity.

However, the former England international today said that he has not made any decision on his future past the end of this season and hinted at retirement from the game.

"I am not so sure that I will be playing football next season," Neville said.

"I will sit down with my wife, my mum and dad, and look forward to the next chapter in my career."

The ex Manchester United midfielder has made clear in the past his desire to get involved with coaching after working with both Sir Alex Ferguson and his successor at Old Trafford, David Moyes and so that could well be the next step for Neville. One to definitely keep an eye on.

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment