Friday 3 May 2013

Benayoun to leave Chelsea in May in search of "expression"- Irons on red alert

Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun has told the Evening Standard that he will leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season and will be looking for a club where he can "express" himself more.

The Israel captain took in a loan spell at the Boleyn Ground earlier in the season, his second spell with West Ham, but had to return prematurely to West London after picking up an injury.

"There's nothing concrete at the moment," Benayoun told the Standard.

"Agents are talking about offers from America, Spain, Russia and England and I'm looking for a team where I can express myself more. Perhaps if I wanted to stay I could, but I want a team where I can express myself more."

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is a big fan of the skilful playmaker and admitted in March that Benayoun would be on his transfer target list in the summer.

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment